The Australian 188A Business Innovation and Investment Visa (permanent)Stream
The Australian 188A visa with its predecessor 163A is an entrepreneurial immigration program launched by the Australian government in 1981 and now has a history of over 40 years. It is one of the most sustainable immigration programs with longest history in the Commonwealth Nations. 188A is mainly for shareholder clients. Applicants can obtain a one-time residence visa valid up to 4 years around one year after the application. They can start a business in Australia and invest an initial capital of 200,000 Australian dollars. After two years, they can apply for permanent residence and can possibly get approved in three years . It is currently one of the low cost and quick immigration program among the large immigration destinations. In addition, with the 188A temporary residence visa, the applicant's children can enjoy local public education for free.
Main requirements for Australia 188A immigration program:
1. The principal applicant is under 55 years old, accompanying children are under 20 years old, unmarried and full-time studying;
2. The net assets of the individuals and families under the name of the couple are not less than 1.25 million Australian dollars;
3. In 2 of the past four fiscal years, the company's annual turnover was not less than 750,000 Australian dollars;
4. In 2 of the past four fiscal years, the shareholding ratio under the name of the couple shall not be less than 30%; if it is a publicly- listed company, it shall not be less than 10%;
5. The Expression of Interest (EOI) score in the selection system is not less than 65 points; if either of the couple meets the criteria for entrepreneurship (residence), he or she can become the principal applicant for the 888 permanent residency visa.
The requirements for transfer to a permanent residence are as follows:
1. During the five-year residence visa, meet the two-year entrepreneurship requirements;
2. In the two years before the application, the shareholding shall not be less than 30%; if it is a publicly-listed company, the shareholding shall not be less than 10%;
3. One year before the application, the annual turnover should reach at least AUD 300,000; if the shareholding is less than 51%, the annual turnover should be at least AUD 400,000;
4. During the two years of starting the business, the applicant should live the state to whim the application was submitted to for at least one year;
5. Meet at least 2 of the following conditions:
1) The net assets of the family under the couple’s names reach 600,000 Australian dollars;
2) Holding the company’s net assets up to 200,000 Australian dollars;
3) Hire two local full-time employees;
6. Hold an Australian 188A visa for three years.
Australia 188C Business Innovation & Investment
Australia 188C Business Innovation & Investment is an immigration program for people with large assets. Applicants need to declare assets of 5 million Australian dollars, reasonably explain the source of funds, and then invest the assets of 5 million Australian dollars and through fund companies. Once obtained a 5-year visa, either he principal applicant stays 40 days or the spouse stays 180 days a year in the country for residence obligations; maintain a continuous investment of 5 million Australian dollars. After 3 years, you can apply for permanent residence through 888C. This program is suitable for high-net-worth individuals who want to immigrate to Australia easily. The advantages of this project include no age restriction, no scoring, and no English requirement.
Australia 188C investment immigration program requirements:
1. Personal and family assets under the name of the couple are not less than 5 million Australian dollars;
2. Invest 5 million Australian dollars into designated investment products in Australia (private equity funds/stock funds/other corporate debt funds). This 5 million Australian dollars must be from the declared family’s net assets. Note: Accompanying children are under 20 years old (children over 18 years old must be unmarried and full-time studying)
Requirements for transfer to permanent residence:
1. During the period of the applicant's residence, continue to invest 5 million Australian dollars in eligible investment products in Australia;
2. During the period of residence, the principal applicant has to live in the state for 40 days per year; or the spouse live in the state for 180 days per year.
Australia 888A permanent residence
Australia 888A permanent residence visa is for Australian 188A entrepreneurial immigration. Applicants who get a 188 type 4-year temporary resident visa and start a business in Australia for 2 years and meet a particular business turnover and residence requirements can apply for 888A for permanent residence, which is a necessary step for applicants who hold 188 Visa to obtain a green card. Merits of the Australian entrepreneurial program :
1. Good business environment with no industry restrictions;
2. A relatively low cost starting from 200,000 Australian dollars for investment, and a high approval rate.
Australia 888A permanent residence visa application requirements:
1. During the 4-year temporary residence, meet the requirements for operating a business for two years;
2. During the 2 years before the application, the shareholding shall not be less than 30%; if it is a listed company, it shall not be less than 10%;
3. The year before the application, the annual turnover is at least 300,000 AUD; if the shareholding is less than 51%, the annual turnover is at least 400,000 AUD;
4. Meet at least two of the following three requirements:
a. The net assets of the family under the name of the couple are 600,000 AUD;
b. Hold at least 200,000 AUD of the company’s net assets;
c. Hire two local full-time employees;
5. Have lived in the state for a total of 22 months during the entrepreneurial period.